Education: PhD analytical chemistry
Full time position
Length of employment: 1 year with the possibility of 1 year renewal
Salary range: $42,000-$51,000 plus benefits
Location: Yale University, New Haven
A postdoctoral position is immediately available within the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale University. The Center is seeking an analytical/purification scientist to support the research efforts of a multi-disciplinary team. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be analytical testing, compound purification, and compound characterization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Perform analytical and preparative scale chromatography of research molecules (small/large, chiral/achiral, milligram to gram scale).
- Perform analytical testing, including method development and validation of analytical procedures.
- Perform compound characterization. Analyze samples using appropriate instrumentation (NMR, HPLC, GC, MS, UV, IR, etc.). Summarize and interpret data.
- Maintain and optimize a wide range of analytical and prep scale chromatographic instrumentation (HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, GC-FID etc).
- Interact with Center scientists to support, refine, and further develop ongoing and emerging projects.
- Follow established laboratory safety procedures.
- Conduct activities under the supervision of the Center’s principal investigators.
- PhD in analytical chemistry.
- In-depth knowledge of analytical and separations chemistry.
- Demonstrated expertise in modern chromatography and analytical methods.
- Expertise in data analysis/interpretation.
- Expertise in data management, documentation, and appropriate software.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written), interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment but comfortable working independently.
Julie Beth Zimmerman, PhD
Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale